Saturday, August 17, 2013

Numenera is finally here!

I have participated in quite a few kickstarter projects at this point, both as a professional contractor, and as a backer of projects that I find intriguing or just plain exciting.
Numenera was just such a project a little while ago, and having worked with Monte years ago, I knew the quality of the game that was forthcoming, and the setting was so interesting and original, that I had to offer up some money to see it made real. Of course, I was not alone in this regard. It was a successful kickstarter, to say the least.
And a few weeks after it finished its round of kick-starting as such a resounding success, Monte shot me an e-mail asking me if I wanted to be a part of it, and of course I said yes.

Here are the sketches and final works that resulted from the initial work produced for the corebook of the setting. I am, as I write this, now working on the next several books in the line. So, more weird is likely to follow in the future!