Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scoundrels of Skullport

Last year I had the privilege to create some work for the expansion to the Lords of Waterdeep board game, Scoundrels of Skullport, and it was a lot of fun. In the base set of Lords of Waterdeep, I contributed 5 images, and gave them a rather bright, graphic look to bring them in line with modern D&D branding.
With the expansion, I knew it was featuring one of the darker cities in D&D lore, and in fact was featuring the first ever image of murder that has ever appeared in D&D (I know, I couldn't believe it either) and so I wanted to give the art for this set a darker look. A more subdued color palette, more realistic proportions and lighting, and just a grittier feel overall.

Featured here is the first of the images, featuring the above referenced scene of murder, and I will be debuting the rest of them here over the coming weeks.